After weeks of the administrators and server owners working together we are happy to finally announce the start to Merk Factions first map. With this there are a ton of new features we'd like to show you. Let's first begin by showing off the new spawn and features around the spawn.
The new Merk Factions spawn has a nether portal located on the south side that can lead players to shop that we will get to next. Inside the north side of spawn we created an area where players can buy potions, gapples, enderpearls, and arrows to enhance their pvp experience. On top of that we added an NPC with signs that allows players to repair their gear for a fee. Located in the middle of the spawn we also have portals for players to the Nether and the End, enchantment tables, and several ways for players to gamble their money.
Now let's get to talking about the shop. The shop is full of everything you'll such as spawners, blocks, food, potion supplies, decorative blocks, and all ores. We created the shop in a way that players can make fast money from farms such as sugar cane, melon, pumpkin, cocoa beans, wheat, and netherwart. Once players aquire enough money they can upgrade to make automated spawner grinders. We made spawners pretty cheap in comparison to other factions servers and made mob drops very good for selling. Sadly we made the selling of all ores pretty cheap because this map has an insane of ores located in certain biomes. For example, in desert biomes coal is found virtually everywhere. This idea holds true for all ores such as diamonds, emeralds, gold, iron, and redstone. Here is what the shop will look like:
Located in the middle of the shop is a beacon and around this beacon players can purchase the Miner Pickaxe and the Grinder Sword. These are easy to get items to help players either mine and dig trenches with the Miner Pickaxe or more efficiently grind mobs with the Grinder Sword. The Miner Pickaxe is for sell at a price of $40,000 and the Grinder Sword is for sell at a price of $50,000. These are the enchantments for both the items:
These enchantments are pretty good for the price but the important thing is that we give the Grinder Sword the Fire Aspect II enchantment so the sword isn't a viable pvp option. Both items have a very high unbreaking so players won't need to enchant them anytime soon. Lastly players can do /raidshop and /woolshop to buy anything their heart desires concerning raiding and colored wool, colored glass, colored glass pane, and colored glass pane.
Now let's talk more about some of the new features Merk Factions is bringing to the game this map. Regarding factions:
- Players can now do "/f map" and claim land by simply left-clicking where they want their claims
- Players now have access to "/f fly" while whithin their own claims. This will be very useful when constructing your base. NOTE: Fly disable when within 16 blocks of an enemy players
- Players also now have access to "/f money <deposit or withdraw> <amount>"
- Access to "/f rules", this allows factions to create their own rules such as "don't place tnt the base" or "don't eat Gregin's cake"
- The owner of the faction will have access to "/f perms", this will launch a gui that allows the owner to set custom permissions for allies, enemies, and different faction rankings
- Access to "/f showclaims", this let's factions find where all their claims are located so you can go back and unclaim some you forgot about
- Access to "/f tntfill <radius> <amount>", this allows players to fill tnt for their tnt cannons by using one command. Pretty neat!
- Access to "/f tnt <add or take> <amount>", this allows players to add tnt to a TNT bank for the faction so you don't need to go back and forth from the base when raiding
- Access to "/f lowpower", this allows all players to see what faction members have less that full power
- Access to "/f coords", this is great to let your faction members where you are at a given time and only your faction can see the coords
- Access to "/f near", see what faction members are near you
A faction can now see a hologram that displays the faction's name, leader, members online, faction power, factions claims, along with the factions kills, balance, and your balance. To toggle this hologram you can do /f sb or /f scoreboard. Other notable settings are that players have 20 power and lose 4 power per death.
A notable change is that TNT will be disabled on weekdays and enabled on the weekends. TNT will be enabled at midnight on saturday Eastern Standard Time (EST), the current tab list will tell you what time it is so you can easily tell when to check your walls!
Merk Factions will only have four donation ranks. These include Donator ($10), Master ($50), Demigod ($75), and God ($100). Donator is a good rank to gain access to silk spawners (allows you to mine spawners). Ranks Master and Demigod get double MCMMO experience and rank God get's triple MCMMO experience. These are just a few examples of what some of the ranks get, to see what each rank gets visit https://www.merkpvp.com/shop.
Players are not allowed to create Nether portals. Rather to access the nether the player can do /warp nether and this is the same for /warp end. Gregin wanted this feature so players don't have to go through all the work of dividing their base coord by 8 and running around the nether finding their nether chunks.
Another notable change is that PLAYERS DO NOT LOSE HUNGER. This was done to enhance the pvp and base building experience.
Obsidian takes six TNT shots to break when watered rather than one shot and the BLAST RADIUS OF TNT IS FIVE. Oh and WATERED WALLS TAKE TWO TNT TO BREAK!!!
Lava moves at normal speed to make lava generating bases very fast and simple.
Voting rewards are no longer active and instead players will have playtime rewards that will give players rewards based on their playtime.